Transform a Mexican concha pan dulce into a decadent and delicious treat! These stuffed conchas are the easiest dessert and can be made with whipped cream or Nutella.
Table of Contents
Amigos I have a super treat for you today, Stuffed Conchas!
This decadent dessert is like a fusion of Mexican pan dulce and American strawberry shortcake. It’s super easy to put together and guaranteed to make you oh so very happy.
Here in Campeche, where I live, stuffed conchas have recently become popular. Across other states of the country they have been around for a while. It really is no surprise how popular they’ve become.
In Mexico you may see these simply called conchas rellenas.
They, of course, are not how the traditional concha is served. But it sure is a fun way to eat them.
Nutella Stuffed Conchas
For the Nutella lovers there’s also a version that has Nutella and sliced strawberries — they are also delicious!
You would use a vanilla flavored concha, Nutellas and fresh sliced strawberries. It’s as simple as those 3 ingredients.
Stuffed Conchas Variations
There are so many delicious variations to this finger-licking Mexican dessert.
Below are other types of stuffed conchas, some are rather strange combinations but have become quite popular.
- Similar to the one in my recipe, mascarpone is also used.
- Nata is another variation.
- Concha rellena con frijoles: Yup refried beans stuffed in a concha. Sometimes cheese or chorizo or longaniza can also be added.
- Conchas rellenas con chilaquiles: Sweet, spicy, soft and a little crunchy.
- I’ve also seen conchas stuffed with cold cuts and cheese.
As you can see, it only takes a little imagination to create a unique variation!
Stuffed Conchas with Whipped Cream and Strawberries
As I mentioned these stuffed conchas are simply called conchas rellenas. But when I saw them they reminded me of one of my favorite American desserts, strawberry shortcake. So I of course needed to make them at home.
To me they’re like a fusion of my two cultures, Mexican and American.
This dessert is pure deliciousness, guaranteed to make everyone happy!
Also, thank you to whomever first thought of this!!
You only need 3 ingredients to make this easy Mexican desserts.
- Conchas: Either vanilla or chocolate flavor.
- Strawberries: Sliced
- Whipped Cream or Nutella
More Easy Mexican Dessert Recipes
- Carlota de Limón (Mexican Lime Icebox Cake)
- Fresas con Crema
- Easy Arroz con Leche Recipe
- Easy Pan de Elote or Mexican Sweet Corn Cake with Cream Cheese
- Dulces Enchilados or Chamoy Candy
- Pure de Manzana or Applesauce
How to Make
This “recipe” couldn’t be easier to make! Your kids can even help with it, maybe slice the conchas first for younger children.
- Slice the conchas widthwise.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of whipped cream or Nutella on the bottom half.
- Arrange the strawberry slices on top of the whipped cream or Nutella.
- Place the top half of the concha and give a gentle push down to bring the two halves together.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
What Does Concha Strawberry Shortcake Taste Like
Amigos, I have to tell you that I really love this treat.
The concha is sweet, but not overly so, which makes it one of my favorite pan dulces. Combined with the creamy fluffiness of the whipped cream and the sweet-tart strawberries, makes this a perfect dessert in my book!
I really hope you give it a try. If you do make sure to tag me on social media as @MexicanMadeMeatless
Easy Stuffed Conchas Recipe
- 1 chocolate conchas
- 5 Tablespoons whipped cream preferably homemade
- 5 whole fresh strawberries sliced
- Slice the conchas in half. Spread 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons over the bottom half. Arrange as many strawberry slices as will fit on top of the whipped cream. Add another layer of whipped cream over the strawberries. Use about 2 Tablespoons and spread as evenly as possible. Top with another layer of strawberries then put the top half of the concha over the stuffed bottom.
- Slice and enjoy!
As you can see this is a super easy dessert to put together. It would be great for buffet or kids allowing them to put it together.
Nancy Lopez is a food blogger and author of the cookbook Mexican Tamales Made Meatless. Born in Mexico, raised in the US, and currently living in Southern Mexico, she has followed a meatless diet for almost 10 years. It is her passion and mission to share all she has learned about vegan Mexican cooking and vegetarian Mexican recipes. Mexican Made Meatless is a blog dedicated to preserving the authentic flavors of Mexican cuisine just without the meat. It’s a place to celebrate Mexican culture and all it’s delightfully delicious traditional foods. Read more…