Eat it as a topping for tacos, tostadas, grilled fish or meats or grab some corn chips and get scooping!
In the last post I shared with you my tips on the absolute easiest and fastest way to peel mangos. I hope you watched the video to see how quickly you can do it and have fresh juicy mango ready to eat. Here’s the link in case you didn’t see it. Well, today we are going to put to use those new mango peeling skills with this amazing salsa recipe. Your are going to absolutely love these divine fresh, sweet, tart, and slightly spicy flavours. The salsa is fantastic for dipping crunchy corn chips into, or you can also use it to top tacos, tostadas, fish, salads…you get the point, this salsa is great on everything!
Check out the recipe below and as always, feel free to adjust the amount of chilies you’d like.
- 1 cup of finely chopped fresh mango (you want the pieces to be small and even-sized as possible)
- 1 cup of finely chopped orange
- ¼ cup of purple onion, finely chopped (start with this and add more if desired)
- 1 very large handful of fresh cilantro (coriander) use the leaves and stems
- fresh red chiles, thinly sliced or chopped (use as many as you like and your favourite variety*
- fine sea salt to taste (I used about one teaspoon)
- First you should watch the video tutorial for the easiest and fastest way to peel mangos. Click here to watch it.
- Once you've got the mango peeled you can chop it up and measure out the one cup needed for this recipe. Prepare the rest of the ingredients, and once ready combine everything in a large bowl. Give the salsa a good stir, let it sit five minutes then give it a taste test. If you're happy with the flavours us as desired, and if not adjust what you'd like to make it to your taste. Enjoy!
The taste is fantastic! You get the sweet, butter-like texture of the mangoes with the fresh sweet-tartness of the oranges, combined with the crunchy bite of the onion, followed by the herbyness of the cilantro, the savoury of the salt and lastly the little heat kick from the red chile. It’s amazing and perfect for the coming warmer weather!