A flavourful salad that is light enough for warm weather, yet filling and nutritious for either lunch or dinner.
Before we get to today’s recipe I’d like to say thank you for all of the thoughtful and caring messages so many of you sent me this past week, it means so much to me. While I know it will take some time, little by little I’m feeling myself again.
Okay, so today’s recipe is so delicious and perfect for the warmer weather months that are upon us now. This salad recipes actually came together as a result of leftovers from a previous night. I shared the recipe for the fried fish and the mango salsa a few months ago, and we loved the combination so much that both have become new seasonal favourites.
Below is what you need and just click on the recipe links to print them out and put your salad together. Enjoy!!
- a large bag of your favourite salad greens mix (mine had baby spinach and kale too)
- 1 lb. (one pound) of mahi mahi fish battered and fried like in this recipe
- one batch of creamy chipotle crema from this recipe
- one small purple onion, peeled and sliced into slivers
- one batch of mango, orange and red chile salsa from this recipe
- You will first need to batter and fry the fish, then make the mango salsa and creamy dressing. Once you have all of them prepared you can assemble the salad.
- Place some salad greens on a plate, arrange several pieces of the fried fish on top and around the greens. Next add as much purple onion slivers as desired, then add a generous scoop of the mango salsa all around the fish and greens. Lastly drizzle with as much creamy dressing as desired. Serve straightaway and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by, have a beautiful day!